Monday, October 1, 2007

Arrested Development

After being encouraged to watch that show for a long time, I finally rented the first season. I'm almost done with it, but I'm not very excited about the possibility of renting the next season. Here's why:

The hilarious and brilliant one-liners and contrived situations in Arrested Development do not make up for the fact that I cannot stand to watch sitcoms that are ultimately based on the premise of having complete idiots for characters. I can't do it anymore. It's not funny. It's just tragic and stupid.

The character played by David Cross in particular is totally and completely unbelievable. It actually reminds of the Sarah Silverman Show, which is like a death sentence for me.

In fact, I think I might just hate the sitcom format, since it doesn't allow for genuine character development and instead relies on formula. But that's not news.

0 comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.