Monday, January 14, 2008

[Sex and Gender] Is This Subversive?

Found over at Feministing....



The comments at Feministing do a good job taking apart the ad campaign, but I think this ad could be put to good use fighting sexism.

Something along the lines of "Would you shame him if he came home looking like this?"

How about "Did he just commit himself to a future of diapers, or does that just apply to her?"

Eh, the second one's a little blunt, but you get the point.

I'm too tired to be posting....

1 comments:

Samuel John Klein said...

I think it's a good question. It's one that deserves to be asked. Of course, the way things are, it won't get a decent or respectful answer from above, but they need to be ... well, needled.

This reminds me of another quote that has stuck with me. I forget who said it, but it goes "If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament".

The kind of statement that sticks in the craw ... where it deserves to.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.