Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Window into Insanity

Via Digby (who is pretty damn funny if you ask me) and James Wolcott of Vanity Fair, a story from The New Republic about a cruise specifically for conservatives. Oh, what it reveals about the folks on the cruise. I can't link to the TNR story since it's behind a firewall, but I will instead link to the coverage by Digby and Wolcott.

I will excerpt a bit, however:


The conversation ebbs back to friendly chit-chat. So, you're a European, one of the Park Avenue ladies says, before offering witty commentaries on the cities she's visited. Her companion adds, "I went to Paris, and it was so lovely." Her face darkens: "But then you think--it's surrounded by Muslims." The first lady nods: "They're out there, and they're coming." Emboldened, the bearded Floridian wags a finger and says, "Down the line, we're not going to bail out the French again." He mimes picking up a phone and shouts into it, "I can't hear you, Jacques! What's that? The Muslims are doing what to you? I can't hear you!"



Go read and laugh cry.

0 comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.