Sunday, December 30, 2007

Anne Bishop's Pillars of the World Trilogy

I finished the trilogy - Pillars of the World, Shadows and Light and The House of Gaian - earlier tonight, and I loved it.

I'm not going to try and write a review, as it's become painfully obvious I have no idea how, but there are a few things I wanted to say.

1. The trilogy, somehow, reminded me of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series (of which I read the the first eight or nine books). I'm not sure why.

2. The series was somehow simultaneously really compelling and totally boring - I felt like I knew what the end would be fairly early on, and I turned out to be right.

3. Anne Bishop's writing in the trilogy was very smooth. Probably the reason for the first part of #2.

4. It's feminist in a way that I didn't see as militant or overly ideological. This amused me and made me happy.

Uuuhh.... that's it, I think.

Anyone out there ever read these? Leave a comment or drop me a line...

0 comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.