Wednesday, August 27, 2008

OK, it's not even a question anymore, and it's not even protesting

Two more posts from Don't Tase Me, Bro!:

Minneapolis Police Seize Journalists' Notebooks, Cameras, Cell Phones, Money Without Warrant

And in case you read the story and decry "but they're not real journalists," this:

It's Now Ilegal for Journalists To Photograph Politicians and Lobbyists on a Public Street

Yup - ABC News journalists, on a public street, were arrested for photographing politicians.

The first story irks me more personally, but the second is, in some ways, more totalitarian: The sole crime was, it sounds like, annoying people in positions of power.

I can't stop reading that blog, even though all it does is make me stare at my computer screen and my blood pressure go up.

0 comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.