Thursday, September 6, 2007

A Very Good Question

From a political perspective, I really want to know the answer to this one, put forth by Lebanon Truth:

And isn't it interesting that the jock block wanted to appoint Ken Ray as Bo's supervisor. Why did they think that Ray wouldn't fire Yates for his money monkey business?


I'm also really curious what happened in the executive session in which Ray met with the board and the decision was made to not appoint him interim Superintendent. The cynic in me says that Rick and maybe Josh asked him to do something he knew was flat-out unethical or even illegal, and in good conscience, he decided to decline rather than put his own ass on the line. I'd call that a very smart move on his part. He's the principal of the high school, has worked at the District Office in the past, and assuming he's followed the rules thus far (and I have no reason to think he hasn't), the only reason he won't survive this mess is if he decides to leave.

So if Ray decided not to get involved with Alexander's little war on reason, I can understand and support that. It makes me wonder, further, if Ray suffered or will suffer any loss of credibility with the anti-Robinson folks because of his choice.

It also makes me wonder what was expected of him to make him decide not to accept.

I am assuming, of course, that he decided not to accept the position, since when the board left the public eye it was waiting on him to say yea or nay. I suppose that if he told the board - or Alexander in particular - he wasn't going to do their dirty work, the offer may have been rescinded.

In any case, Kelley was appointed temporary superintendent, which I think was the best possible move under the circumstances.

0 comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.