Thursday, November 22, 2007

My Thanksgiving Prayer

My aunt said grace at Thanksgiving. It was pretty standard.

Here's my slightly modified version, the one that ran through my head on my way home:

Dear Lord, thank you for clearing this continent of brown people. May you expand your work to the rest of the world so that we may continue to enjoy our bounty of cheap, mass-produced crap (including the food you make available to us at your holy temple of Wal-Mart).

Oh, and please leave Mexico and part of Asia - we need some brown people left to make all that stuff for us.

Amen.


Have I mentioned I really don't like this holiday, even though it's the only time of year I eat stuffing or cranberry sauce?

Note: This is not a rejection of my aunt's recital, but of the context in which it takes place.

0 comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.