Thursday, January 10, 2008

[School Boards] More on LT's Mysterious Mississippi Board Member Standards

As far as I can tell, there is nothing specific in the legislation that LT discovered. However, I don't think I've found the actual text yet, so who knows what's really involved.

The best I could find was this:

The Quality Education Act of 2008 proposes legislation to enhance the training of local school board members and provide assurance that board members demonstrate the ability to execute the duties inherent in this important office.


As you might note, it says nothing about increasing the requirement. It also pretends that it costs nothing to train school board members.

Also, I discovered that it sounds like superintendents in Mississippi are elected by the public, not appointed by the school board.... forget I said anything. Best not to give (future Superintendent) Rick Alexander any ideas.

0 comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.