Saturday, December 8, 2007

Professional-Quality Hating

From a local news station website in Denver, something so stupid I can't even be mad. I am just shaking my head in wonder:

DENVER -- A Dacono, Colo. councilwoman resigned this week over what some branded a racist e-mail, but Sandra Tucker said she won't apologize for posting it.

In the e-mail, Tucker, 61, said that being a Democrat is worse than "being a black disabled one-armed drug-addicted Jewish queer" who has a "Mexican boyfriend."

She posted the e-mail on a local Web site and said she thought it was funny.

"I'm sick and tired of all of this political correctness," Tucker told The Denver Post. "I'm not going to apologize if you don't have a sense of humor."


For the record, the person who sent this to me (thanks CM) labeled it a "bat-shit crazy email" and I think I agree.

It is racist - and sexist, and heterosexist, and ableist, and just full of hate and discrimination in general.

Because, you know, those things are funny.

0 comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.